Take Your Dad to the Spa this Father’s day
He won’t admit it, but once you bring in your dad to a day spa and let him enjoy a treatment…he will get hooked.
It’s true. The number of males going to day spas and receiving treatments is on the rise. And we bet that a good portion of those males are dedicated dads.
According to the International Spa Association’s (ISPA) findings of its 2013 research into the behaviors and attitudes of the male US spa-goer, of the 28% of the US population that visit spas, men make up a healthy 47%. The report shows that the most requested treatment for men was massage at 83% with a further 16% saying they’d like to try one. This was followed in popularity pedicures (37%), manicures (33%), facials (31%), aromatherapy (24%) and body scrubs (23%).
Now we understand why 3 out of 8 of the massage salon chairs in a nail salon are occupied by men.
So let’s just all agree that dads love pampering, too. For Father’s Day, give what he wouldn’t normally give himself – a spa treatment! Here are our favorites for him:
1) Dad and Me, Side-by-Side facial treatment – get his pores cleared up, his skin exfoliated and moisturized with you by his side! Perfect for that first-time-spa-visitor dad. He will feel relaxed knowing that you are there, plus, it could be a great bonding moment. Treat him to an ice cream sundae afterwards!
2) Sport Deep Tissue Massage – to ease his hard working muscles and joints, a massage will do him well. Let an expert massage therapist drain reduce his muscle tension and drain away his fatigue. The result will be a happy dad!
3) Energizing Body Scrub and Massage for Men – invigorating eucalyptus oil is mixed with a salt scrub to polish away the rough skin and then this is followed by a relaxing massage using organic oils. Aaaah!
4) Shirodhara Hair and Scalp Treatment – we’re not saying this will help his receding hair line, but this treatment promotes hair growth. This is a relaxing hair and scalp massage treatment from the East. It uses natural oil that is poured slowly onto the forehead and massaged into the hair and scalp. We guarantee, this will be zen for him.
5) Skin products from Skin Medica – buy this great skin treatment package for dad that includes: Vitamin C + E Complex for day time use; Retinol Complex to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and discoloration; and the Daily Physical Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30+ for protection from harmful UVA & UVB rays. This trio of goodies will keep his skin protected and irresistible until his next spa treatment!
Don’t wait ‘til the last minute because Father’s Day is this Sunday!