The term "moxibustion", or moxa, is derived from the Japanese "Moe Kusa" meaning "burning herb". Moxa is obtained from the herbal plant "Arternisia Vulgaris", also commonly called mugwort. Moxa has been practiced for thousand years in oriental countries like China and Japan, as therapy to cure diseases by stimulating innate healing power of the human body.
Moxa treats and prevents diseases by applying heat to acupuncture points or certain locations of the human body. It can be used on its own or with acupuncture. The material used is mainly "moxa-wool" in the form of a cone or stick. Moxa is used when patients require warmth and tonification to invigorate Qi and Blood. It is also used in areas of local stagnation, such as a sprained ankle or Dysmenorrhea.
Burning moxa gives off an earthly smell. For patients sensitive to the smoke, other treatments besides moxa are available. While some find the warmth of the moxa quieting, others are invigorated. In general, most people experience treatment with moxa nurturing.
Benefits of Moxa:
1. Relieves fatigue
2. Fights muscular weakness
3. Improves blood-circulation
4. Good for muscular tension and stiffness
5. Eases rheumatism
6. Neuralgias and muscular pain
7. Stimulates gastric functions.
8. Moxa is especially good for treating menstrual disorders
How Moxa Works:
1) To warm Meridians and expel cold. Abnormal flow of Qi and blood in the body is usually resulted from cold and heat. Cold causes slow flow or even stagnation of Qi. Normal heat activates blood circulation and cold impedes its smooth flow.
2) To induce the smooth flow of Qi and blood.
3) To strengthen yang from collapse. Yang Qi is the foundation of the human body. If it is in a sufficient condition, a man lives a long life. Yang disorders are due to excess of yin, leading to cold, deficiency and exhaustion of the primary Qi.
4) To prevent diseases and keep healthy.
Time: 30/50 minutes
click here to book online!
Call 602-952-8446 for spa reservation!
Purchase Gift Certificate
Purchase Instant Gift Certificate
Sign up Now for our newsletter for your chance to WIN
$100 Spa Gift Card !
Be sure to click "LIKE" for your chance to win weekly giveaways
Read about our President Luzivone DamacenoScottsdale | Tempe | Mesa | Chandler | Phoenix