CO2 Laser Post Care Instructions
CO2 Laser Treatment
Your CO2 Laser Skin Resurfacing procedure has removed some of your skin’s protective layer. The delicate new tissue needs protection and helps with healing. For best results follow these post-procedure instructions.
If there are questions or concerns in the days following the procedure, please call our office at 602-560-9066.
DAY of Procedure
1) Cold packs may be applied to the treatment area as needed for discomfort.
2) The emollient your provider recommended should be applied immediately after the procedure and every 2-3 hrs as needed for discomfort or dryness.
3) Gently wash 4 hours after treatment using the Obagi Gentle Facial cleanser provided. Pat skin dry, do not rub and do not allow your skin to dry out.
4) Apply your emollient ointment (or Aquaphor) immediately after cleansing skin to retain moisture and create a barrier for the skin.
5) Repeat cleansing the skin and applying the emollient ointment (or Aquaphor) approximately every four hours during waking hours.
6) Elevate your head using pillows to reduce swelling, especially if treatment focused around the eye area.
7) It is best to go outdoors as little as possible. Your skin will be VERY sun sensitive. However, if you go outside you should wear sunscreen, high quality, gentle, Zinc Oxide based SPF 30+ Sunblock, plus a wide-brimmed hat.
The 1st Day Following Treatment:
1) Gently cleanse the skin in the morning with facial cleanser. Remember to pat skin dry, no rubbing, and do not let the skin dry out.
2) Apply ointment (or Aquaphor) immediately after cleansing.
3) Wash using facial cleanser provided mid-day if itching occurs and reapply ointment (or Aquaphor).
4) Use the facial cleanser again in the evening followed by ointment (or Aquaphor).
5) For irritation, you may use a solution of 1 Tablespoon white vinegar in 1 cup water and soak the treated skin using gauze for up to 15 minutes.
6) Benadryl 25 mg every 6 hours may be used for itching or swelling.
7) Extra Strength Tylenol (2) may be used for discomfort.
8) It is best to go outdoors as little as possible. Your skin will still be VERY sun sensitive. However, if you go outside, wear SPF 30+ sunblock. Other treated body areas should be covered with clothing.
Day 2 following treatment:
1) Gently cleanse the skin in the morning with facial cleanser. Remember to pat skin dry, no rubbing, and do not let the skin dry out continuing to use a thin layer of ointment, (or Aquaphor).
2) Wash using facial cleanser provided mid-day if itching occurs, followed by a thin layer of ointment (or Aquaphor).
3) Cleanse the skin again in the evening, followed by ointment (or Aquaphor).
4) Continue to follow sun exposure precautions.
Day 3 following treatment:
1) The greatest amount of peeling tends to occur on day 3 or 4. You may begin to notice peeling on day 3. Vinegar and water soaks may be used to aid in peeling, but DO NOT PICK YOUR SKIN!!
2) Some pinpoint bleeding may occur at this point due to the peeling. This is normal and should cause no concerns.
3) Apply ointment (or Aquaphor) liberally for moisture, and to ease the dryness due to the peeling.
4) Wash using your facial cleanser mid-day if itching occurs, followed by ointment (or Aquaphor). DO NOT allow your skin to dry out.
5) Continue to follow sun exposure precautions.
1) Please schedule a follow-up appointment with your Laser Technician to discuss proper long-term post-procedure skincare
2) Continue using your facial cleanser morning and evening, followed by ointment (as necessary for dryness) until all redness has gone.
3) Apply a generous amount of a high-quality moisturizer morning and evening. Apply more often if the treated area feels dry. You want to prevent drying to the treatment area. TNS Essential Serum, TNS Dermal Repair is strongly recommended.
4) Gentle Mineral makeup or your own established cosmetics may resume on day 4, as peeling allows.
5) It is best to go outdoors as little as possible. Your skin will be VERY sensitive. However, if you do go outside you should wear a high-quality zinc oxide-based sunblock. If your face was treated you should also wear a hat. Other treated body areas should be covered with clothing.
6) To protect the investment you made in your skin, we strongly recommend a daily habit of high-quality medical-grade sunblock, SPF 30+.
- Your skin will continue to grow new collagen and become more elastic as a result of the treatment for up to one year.
- Patients continue to notice an improvement in skin quality months after treatment.
- Our patients report their results last 5-8 years after treatment.
- During the year after treatment, it is the most important time to provide your skin with the necessary building blocks for this transformation: retinol, nutrients, growth factors, and moisture along with high-quality SPF protection.
- Please remember to take care of your skin from the inside out: eat adequate protein and a healthy diet, ensure that you take a regular vitamin including vitamin C, and keep hydrated.
- Please make regular visits with your Licensed Esthetician and Laser Technician to discuss the ongoing care for your skin and protection of your investment.
Suddenly Slimmer Day and Med Spa
3313 E. Indian School Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85018