FemiLift Laser PHX: What to Know Before and After FemiLift Treatment
At Suddenly Slimmer Med Spa, PHX, we consider you an equal partner in the success of your treatment. In order to achieve optimal FemiLift results, please review our Pre and Post-Care Instructions for FemiLift Laser:
Four Days Before FemiLift
- Discontinue the use of vaginal products.
- Discontinue vaginal penetration during sexual activity.
- If you have a history of genital herpes, notify the physician, who will prescribe a course of antiviral prophylactic treatment.
- Notify Suddenly Slimmer Med Spa to reschedule, between now and your appointment, you:
- Are menstruating
- Have an active outbreak of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) or genital herpes
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
Day of Your FemiLift Procedure
- Arrive with Pap Smear / Gynecologist clearance from within the last 1-6 months.
- During treatment, if you experience any pain, please tell the physician immediately, so settings may be adjusted.
- Showering and cleansing of the treatment area are allowed. A gentle cleanser may be used in the treatment area.
- Do not insert any foreign objects, including tampons and vaginal products, into the vagina for 3-4 days.
- Avoid vaginal penetration during sexual activity for 3-4 days.
Post Treatment Expectations
- You may return to normal activity after treatment with the exception of vaginal penetration during sexual activity.
- Most side effects from the treatment should not be cause for alarm. Symptoms are usually minor and should subside in time, as a normal part of the healing process.
- Immediately following treatment, the treatment area may appear flushed, which usually subsides within several hours.
- Feeling the urge to urinate can occur for up to one day.
- It’s normal to experience spotting or discharge for 1-2 days.
- If you are concerned about any aspect of your post-treatment recovery, please call Suddenly Slimmer Med Spa at 602-952-8446.
Most women will see an immediate vaginal rejuvenation benefit from the FemiLift. Additionally, collagen remodeling will continue for up to six months with results that can include:
- Increased vaginal lubrication
- Relief from Urinary Stress Incontinence
- Toned and less lax vagina
- Improved sexual and pelvic health
Three initial treatments over a 12-18 week period are recommended for best results. Following the initial treatment, schedule a treatment once a year to maintain results.