Laser Hair Removal Pre + Post-Care
Before your Laser Hair Removal Service
• Please shave area to be treated before your appointment.
• Do not pluck, wax, use a depilatory or undergo electrolysis in the areas you wish to treat for 6 weeks prior to your laser hair removal service.
• Avoid extended UV exposure to the areas to be treated for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
• Avoid self-tanning products for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
• If you have taken Accutane in the last 6 months, please let us know as laser hair removal may not be right for you. This medication can make your skin more susceptible to damage from the laser.
After Your Laser Hair Removal
• Some redness and swelling in the area is normal after your treatment and it may feel similar to a sunburn.
• Avoid applying irritants (glycolics, retinoids etc) to treated area for 7 days after treatment.
• Apply sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher to the treated area for 6 weeks.
• Keep area clean and wash gently, do not use very hot water.
• Do not use deodorant or antiperspirant for 24-48 hour after underarms laser hair removal.
Laser Hair Removal Contraindications
You should not receive this service if:
Your are pregnant or breastfeeding
You have a history of herpes simplex virus at the area to be treated.
We cannot treat areas with tattoos or permanent make-up
We cannot treat areas with keloids