Laser Hair Removal Pre + Post-Care
Before your Laser Hair Removal Service
• Please shave the area to be treated before your appointment.
• Do not pluck, wax, use a depilatory or undergo electrolysis in the areas you wish to treat for 6 weeks prior to your laser hair removal service.
• If you have taken Accutane in the last 6 months, please let us know as laser hair removal may not be right for you. This medication can make your skin more susceptible to damage from the laser.
After Your Laser Hair Removal
• Some redness and swelling in the area are normal after your treatment and it may feel similar to a sunburn.
• Avoid applying irritants (glycolics, retinoids etc) to the treated area for 7 days after treatment.
• Apply sunscreen of SPF 30 or higher to the treated area for 6 weeks.
• Keep the area clean and wash gently, do not use very hot water.
• Do not use deodorant or antiperspirant for 24-48 hours after underarms laser hair removal.
Laser Hair Removal Contraindications
You should not receive this service if:
You are pregnant or breastfeeding
You have a history of the herpes simplex virus in the area to be treated.
We cannot treat areas with tattoos or permanent make-up
We cannot treat areas with keloids