Prior to the Microneedling Session, Please Observe The Following:
- No Retin-A products or applications 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- Microneedling treatment will not be administered on sunburned skin.
- On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
- If you are taking a blood thinner, aspirin or any other medication that you have the propensity to bleed easily while on, please tell your technician.
- If you are under a physician’s care and need to discontinue your medication for a few days, always ask your physician prior to each Suddenly Slimmer Med Spa Microneedling appointment.
- If you are planning to receive Botox, Dysport, and Dermal Filler, make sure that you give yourself at least 2 weeks
post Botox injections before receiving your Microneedling procedure.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consult your practitioner.
- Wait 6 months following oral isotretinoin use.
After Your Treatment, Please Be Aware and Observe The Following:
- Immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual.
- You may also notice some slight swelling, both are normal and should subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally diminish within the same day or 24 hours.
- You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
- If you are concerned about any reaction, please call our office 602-952-8446 and if you feel you’re having a life-threating emergency contact your primary healthcare provider immediately.
After Care Instructions For MicroNeedling Treatment:
- Use tepid water for the initial 24 hours to rinse the treated area.
- After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to cleanse the face for the following 72 hours and gently dry the treated skin.
- Always make sure that your hands are clean when touching the treated area.
- Apply the lubricant provided for moisture over the next 24 hours.
- Do not take any inflammatory medicines for at least 2 weeks of post treatment.
- It is recommended that makeup or sunscreen should not be applied for 24 hours after the procedure.
- Do not apply any makeup with a makeup brush, especially if it is not clean.
- After the initial 24 hours, apply a broad spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen with a minimum SPF 30 for two weeks. A chemical-free sunscreen is highly recommended.
What to Avoid:
- For at least 3 days post-treatment, do NOT use any Alpha Hydroxy Acids, Beta Hydroxy Acid, Retinol (Vitamin A), Vitamin C (in a low pH formula) or anything perceived as ‘active’ skincare.
- Avoid intentional and direct sunlight for 48 hours. No tanning beds.
- Do not go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment.
- No exercising or strenuous activity for the first 24 hours post-treatment. Sweating and gym environments must be avoided during the first 72 hours post-treatment.
If you have any additional questions, please call us 602-952-8446, we will be glad to assist you.