WORD IS: DETOXIFY IN 2008
Many health-conscious people are seeking East Indian spa treatments to achieve a toxin-free body.
Shirodhara Treatment, Detox Treatment, Wellness TreatmentsPHOENIX–In fashion, the words “flowy,” “bold” and “bright” are the buzz words that we all have to keep in mind for 2008. In health and beauty, the key word for the New Year is “detoxify.”
According to Jeanie Marcelino, Spa Director at Suddenly Slimmer Day Spa in Phoenix, ridding our bodies of toxins, accumulated from poor diet and lack of exercise, is the main cause of toxin build-up that results in lackluster hair, tired looking skin, cellulite-ridden body and aching bones and muscles. Marcelino declares that spa-goers are seeking ways to let their body start anew through various detoxification processes. And one healing system seems to be a popular choice-Ayurveda.
According to Ayurveda (a 5000-year-old Science of Life established in India) each of us inherits a unique proportion of three mind/body principles called doshas. The three doshas, Vata, Pitta, and Kapha, create our specific mental and physical characteristics.
“Luzivone Damaceno, owner and beloved matriarch of Suddenly Slimmer Day Spa, has traveled to Poona, India and studied Ayurvedic therapies and yoga massage with world-renowned Ayurveda Master, Kusum Modak. Damaceno has since then shared her knowledge of Ayurveda and the philosophies of the East Indian healing system to all massage therapists and estheticians working in the spa.
What Damaceno learned in India is that Ayurvedic treatments not only detoxify the body of things unwanted, it also promotes a clear mind and a more centered being. When a client requests an Ayurvedic treatment, she should expect her spa treatment provider to do an assessment of her body type, or dosha, first. Once an assessment is done, the spa treatment provider will then customize the herbal oils and the kind of Ayurvedic treatment the client will receive. Then the detoxification begins.
“Whether a client wants to achieve shiny, healthy hair, or younger-looking skin, or wants to maintain a clear mind and sound body, she needs to first start with a ‘blank slate’ and get rid of the toxins. An Ayurveda treatment can definitely clean out the body’s system and let the natural glow come through,” said Marcelino.
For those wanting a toxin-free body, Suddenly Slimmer Day Spa offers Ayurveda packages that will surely bring relaxation back after the hectic holiday season and detoxify the body to prepare it for a healthier year with glowing, radiant skin.
– The Abhyanga and Shirodara treatment entails two massage therapists performing a very rhythmic massage using custom blended herbal oils, followed by a hot towel rub, to increase blood flow throughout the body. After the massage, a therapist will pour warm oil on the forehead continuously for about 15-20 minutes in a specific pattern and end the session with a soothing scalp massage that not only promotes healthy hair, but also aids in sleeping.
– In the Ayurvedic Facial treatment, the esthetician custom blends herbal oils that will complement and bring balance to your specific dosha or body type. The oils will be incorporated into the masks and special serums that will be used to cleanse and revitalize your face. The specially blended oils will also be used during an Ayurvedic massage of the d’collet’e, scalp, arms and hands. The complete this detoxifying facial, the esthetician will apply hydrating serums to bring back much-needed moisture into the face.
– Ayurvedic Yogi Massage Healing Massage from India. This Yogic massage is a scientifically redefined deeper level tissue massage combining principals and techniques from both yoga and Ayurveda. The power of this work is the series of body opening stretches that open, release and align the body.
– The Ayurvedic herbal treatment detoxifies the body using East Indian herbs that is applied all over the body after an invigorating dry brushing to sough off dead skin. According to the practice of Ayurveda, these herbs will stimulate and nourish tired skin. This is followed by an Ayurvedic massage using a dosha-specific blend of oils. Then the client will be enveloped in steaming sheets infused with herbs, while a scalp and neck massage is performed. This session culminates with a relaxing cup of herbal tea.
– Shirodhara (shiro-dar-a) The Shirodhara is a profoundly relaxing treatment in which a soothing stream of warm oil is poured over the forehead. It calms the central nervous system and integrates the mind and body
To find about these treatments and other treatments offered at Suddenly Slimmer Spa visit https://www.suddenlyslimmer.com or call 602-952-8446