Instead of relying on your Photoshop app, why not just get a permanent “touch-up” in real life?
IPL Photofacial is a common procedure that uses intense pulsed light (IPL) to zap away skin blotches, age spots, sun damage, discolored scars and even rosacea. It is highly effective that the results are evident that the next time you take a selfie, you wouldn’t even have to bring up your Photoshop app. For real!
For the most part, the IPL Photofacial works well on all skin types, but seems to do better on lighter skin types. There may be a risk of hyperpigmentation on darker skin types. But as our fabulous senior esthetician Dannielli suggests, “It is worth coming down to Suddenly Slimmer for a consult so our experts can properly determine if a Photofacial is right for your skin type.”
Of course, Suddenly Slimmer offers other options that can deliver the same great results that IPL Photofacial would for clients with darker skin tone.
The Photofacial session results in a more even skin complexion because it reverses sun damage…and boy, do we Phoenicians know all about that as we hit 110+ degrees. The treatment can also correct “telangiectisias,” which is redness of the skin due to broken capillaries. The best part, and an important part too, is that Photofacial can kill bacteria that causes acne. So if you’re still suffering from adult acne, or you have older teenagers who are battling the acne wars, this could be very helpful. Remember that.
Although IPL Photofacial really was not designed to prevent or repair wrinkles, the other benefits of receiving this treatment sometimes outweighs that. Also, there are other treatments for wrinkles that could very well work well in conjunction with Photofacial. That’s why it’s always important to consult with a certified esthetician, registered nurse or supervised medical assistants.
Now just for clarification, the Photofacial is not a laser treatment and should not be confused with laser treatments. Laser resurfacing actually removes layer of skin, while a Photofacial treatment creates what is referred to as “injury response” in the skin, that stimulates collagen and corrects the skin from the inside out. Photofacials use intense pulsed light, not laser. The good thing, it’s less expensive than laser resurfacing.
Pain? Not much, virtually none. Clients may feel a slight stinging sensation from the pulsing light. But typically, there is an optional cooling gel that can be applied to the treatment area to bring comfort. There’s zero recovery time, so it’s really no excuse to miss work…but we’ll leave that up to you. ; )
Are you ready to try it?! Seriously, with all the great skin benefits it can bring, plus the almost pain-free procedure and the reasonable price tag, you really should strongly consider it and be ready to ditch your Photoshop app. Your skin will always be photo-ready!
You’ve heard us sing praises for SkinMedica’s TNS (Tissue Nutrient Solution) Essential Serum, and we’re still singing praises! This is really the fountain of youth, made up of two effective skincare products combined into one bottle. Here’s the skinny on this product that everyone’s talking about.
First, the TNS recovery complex provides growth factors that help in the renewal of damaged skin. The science behind TNS Recovery Complex was originally used for wound-healing for people with severe burns. Perfected to become an everyday skin-care product, SkinMedica’s TNS Essential Serum delivers growth factors. On burn victims, growth factors for the skin are crucial in renewing burnt skin, letting new skin surface and replenish what was damaged. In this serum, TSN Essential Serum delivers growth factors to skin damaged by the sun and other toxic elements. It can practically be used on any skin in your body that you want to revitalize. We hear celebrities who frolicked a little too long under the sun back in the day, use it on their décolletage to prevent it from looking leathery as they age.
The second main component of TNS Essential Serum is the Antioxidant Peptide Serum (APS). It contains just that—antioxidants to protect the skin from the harsh elements of our environment (we’re talking pollution, sun, dirt and grime, and even the bad foods that we eat); and peptides, which are amino acids that help improve the thickness, elasticity and tone of your skin. It also has alpha-arbutin (what?), which is a skin brightener, and amino-butyric (huh?), which is a skin tightener so wrinkles and fine lines don’t look as severe. Finally, it also has hyaluronic filling spheres that plump and smooth the skin.
Yup, it’s like a facelift and skin rejuvenation in a bottle without the price (of a facelift and full rejuvenation treatment…suh-weet!). As we said, beuty industry giants name this product and sunscreen as two of the best anti-aging skincare products out there. Katie Couric (who is almost 60, btw) is a believer and so is Jennifer Aniston (who doesn’t even look 45!). This TNS Essential Serum won Allure magazine’s editor’s choice award for best beauty breakthrough and InStyle Magazine’s Best Beauty Buys.
Our clients who are religious about using TNS Essential Serum claim a wonderful difference to their skin tone and overall quality after just 30 days…and then the results got even better after 45 days of twice daily use. That’s what’s up!
Now you know, so what are you waiting for? Youthful skin is waiting for you…
Let’s talk spider veins for a minute.
The thought of it kinda makes you develop arachnophobia…and a hate for shorts.
Spider veins look like tiny roots growing just underneath the skin’s surface, spreading all over your legs and sometimes your face. They are much smaller than varicose veins and are typically red, blue, green or purple in color. They don’t hurt. But they are unsightly.
Spider veins existence is often associated with circulatory problems. When veins in the legs weaken or experience too much pressure because of weight, pregnancy, some kind of injury or just standing for long periods of time on one’s feet, blood becomes trapped and enlarges the veins. Sometimes sun exposure, hormonal changes and genetics can also cause spider veins to appear.
To prevent it or get rid of them, you can always elevate your legs every free moment you get (and how often is that?), you can reduce weight, exercise more, wear sunscreen and wear the very stylish (not) compression stockings. However, if the veins keep growing and persist, there is always laser treatment.
Laser treatment is a simple, non-invasive procedure that applies laser heat to the affected area, damaging the vein and causing it to eventually die and disappear. Newer laser treatment equipment are so advanced that they have made the procedures comfortable for clients. A session can be completed in a matter of minutes and the downtime is pretty minimal.
In our efforts to help you achieve the body you’ll love, the Suddenly Slimmer experts are always ready to assist you with your questions about spider veins and discuss your options. Especially during the summer months, when it makes so much more sense to wear comfortable shorts, we want you to feel confident in them. Spider veins are unsightly but don’t sit there and fret about it because there is a solution.
Okay, so it’s officially monsoon season, and just because it’s starting to get humid doesn’t mean you shouldn’t keep moisturizing your skin! Because you still should! The key is finding the right moisturizer for your face and body.
Just remember that we carry world-renowned medical skin care products such as Obagi and Skinmedica including moisturizers of various kinds, to suit your skin type. Obagi and Skinmedica are dedicated to offering the best pharmaceutical grade products, quality skin nutrition for daily home use and the most effective, safe, result oriented professional treatments available.
Why I Keep Using My Obagi Nu-Derm System
You’ve completed your first Obagi Nu-Derm System regimen. Congratulations! You stayed with it and, although it may have been difficult at times, it was well worth it. Your skin is glowing and more youthful-looking. But now what?
It’s a common question many patients ask their skin care physicians. If you still have remaining skin concerns, you have a number of options. Consider taking the Nu-Derm Continuum Skin Assessment Questionnaire if you haven’t already done so, to help optimize your skin transformation results and keep your skin looking its best.
Like so many, after she concluded with her first Nu-Derm System, Obagi Ambassador Corinne Brown also wondered what was next – so we sat down with her to talk about her Nu-Derm Continuum program. With years of loyal Nu-Derm use under her belt, we thought she was an ideal person to ask about choosing a Nu-Derm Continuum program.
Which system are you currently using and how long have you been using it?
After speaking with my skin care physician once I completed my first regimen with the Obagi Nu-Derm System, we decided the best plan of action for my skin care needs would be to stay on the full system.
I must admit however, at one point in my life I fell off the Obagi bandwagon. But it didn’t take long until I saw the drastic changes in my skin reoccur without it. The dark spots came back, I noticed more fine lines and I lost my rosy glow. I didn’t feel confident about the way I looked anymore. When I told my mother (another Obagi devotee) that my glow was gone, she said “Dah’lin, it is very simple. Use your Obagi.” I got back on Obagi Nu-Derm and sure enough, my skin has never looked better! I’ve been using Obagi Nu-Derm for years now and wouldn’t change a thing.
That’s great! Why did you and your skin care physician choose to continue with the full Obagi Nu-Derm System?
In my opinion, Obagi Nu-Derm is an amazing skin regimen that yields consistent results. I have tried many other skin care products and systems but have not found anything that delivers results like Obagi.
Why do you feel it’s important to continue with Obagi Nu-Derm?
Obagi Nu-Derm keeps signs of skin aging at bay and allows my skin to be the best it can be. It has truly helped me put my best face forward. Because of my active lifestyle and because I am in the sun as much as I am, excessive pigmentation is always a concern for me. My Obagi Nu-Derm System helps correct hyperpigmentation issues and other signs of sun damage while also giving me clear, glowing skin.
Whether you’re like Corinne and choose to stay with the full Obagi Nu-Derm System or opt for a slightly different, customized routine for your skin, Obagi has the tools to help you and your doctor develop a regimen tailored to you. Start by coming into Suddenly Slimmer Med Spa to take our Obagi Nu-Derm Continuum Skin Assessment Questionnaire . Based on your results, you will be prepared to have an effective conversation with your skin care physician about what will prolong your transformation and give you gorgeous glowing skin for years to come.
Suddenly Slimmer Day and Med Spa
Receive exclusive specials follow us on
3313 E. Indian School Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85018
He won’t admit it, but once you bring in your dad to a day spa and let him enjoy a treatment…he will get hooked.
It’s true. The number of males going to day spas and receiving treatments is on the rise. And we bet that a good portion of those males are dedicated dads.
According to the International Spa Association’s (ISPA) findings of its 2013 research into the behaviors and attitudes of the male US spa-goer, of the 28% of the US population that visit spas, men make up a healthy 47%. The report shows that the most requested treatment for men was massage at 83% with a further 16% saying they’d like to try one. This was followed in popularity pedicures (37%), manicures (33%), facials (31%), aromatherapy (24%) and body scrubs (23%).
Now we understand why 3 out of 8 of the massage salon chairs in a nail salon are occupied by men.
So let’s just all agree that dads love pampering, too. For Father’s Day, give what he wouldn’t normally give himself – a spa treatment! Here are our favorites for him:
1) Dad and Me, Side-by-Side facial treatment – get his pores cleared up, his skin exfoliated and moisturized with you by his side! Perfect for that first-time-spa-visitor dad. He will feel relaxed knowing that you are there, plus, it could be a great bonding moment. Treat him to an ice cream sundae afterwards!
2) Sport Deep Tissue Massage – to ease his hard working muscles and joints, a massage will do him well. Let an expert massage therapist drain reduce his muscle tension and drain away his fatigue. The result will be a happy dad!
3) Energizing Body Scrub and Massage for Men – invigorating eucalyptus oil is mixed with a salt scrub to polish away the rough skin and then this is followed by a relaxing massage using organic oils. Aaaah!
4) Shirodhara Hair and Scalp Treatment – we’re not saying this will help his receding hair line, but this treatment promotes hair growth. This is a relaxing hair and scalp massage treatment from the East. It uses natural oil that is poured slowly onto the forehead and massaged into the hair and scalp. We guarantee, this will be zen for him.
5) Skin products from Skin Medica – buy this great skin treatment package for dad that includes: Vitamin C + E Complex for day time use; Retinol Complex to minimize the appearance of wrinkles and discoloration; and the Daily Physical Defense Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30+ for protection from harmful UVA & UVB rays. This trio of goodies will keep his skin protected and irresistible until his next spa treatment!
Don’t wait ‘til the last minute because Father’s Day is this Sunday!
Can you believe Phoenix already hit 110 degrees? One hundred ten degrees in early June!
If you’re a resident of the Valley of the Sun, you know that we need to make those necessary changes to survive the summer 2014 in the desert. From switching to looser, more comfortable clothing to choosing the right treatments for the skin, we’ve got some tips that could help make the heat tolerable while looking effortlessly fabulous without sweating it:
1) At least once a month, treat yourself to a facial…like a real, professional facial that can help calm, hydrate and cool your skin during these hot months. Believe us, it’s worth the money. This sudden climb in temperatures can leave your skin confused and out of whack. And that esthetician can be your best friend because she can customize your facial to make your skin adjust to the climate change. Our favorite kind? The Skin Brightening Facial because it has Vitamin C and other essential ingredients that can help prevent hyperpigmentation, skin discoloration and sun spots. In-between facials, make your own soothing and moisturizing facial by mixing mashed up avocados, natural honey and a little bit of lemon juice.
2) Sunblock. We know you’ve heard it but we’re going to say it again…and again. Wear sunblock! And here’s why: the ozone layer is depleting so you need a shield from the sun’s harmful rays; because we say “no” to brown spots and skin discoloration; because you don’t want to look blotchy; because premature aging is not cool at all; because skin cancer is on the rise, enough said. Our go-to sunblock product is the Obagi Sun Shield Broad Spectrum SPF 50. It has a high sunscreen protection and it gives a nice matte finish. Perfect to wear under make-up!
3) Winters in the desert make your skin all dry and flaky. Don’t think the summers will be of any help. Summer time in the Valley means 5 percent humidity…that’s nothing! So the dry skin continues. But fret no more because a luxurious Shea Butter Scrub body treatment will do your skin some good. Once or twice a month, let an expert slough the dead skin cells off you and moisturize you all over while you lie there in complete relaxation. In-between treatments, choose a rich moisturizer that your skin will soak up and love. If you’re into DIY beauty, try this as a moisturizer: a few drops of coconut oil on shea butter and slather all over. Thank us later.
4) Before you don that bikini and hit the beach…let’s talk about waxing. For this summer, let this be your mantra: I want smooth, healthy skin! So after doing everything mentioned above, remember to stay smooth, especially in the nether regions. And a proper Brazilian wax will do just that. Yes, it will be uncomfortable but soooo worth it. You want it easy? Then the Soprano Ice Laser hair removal treatment might work for you. Actually it works for many skin tones and, it’s virtually painless. Sure it costs more than a Brazilian wax session, but it lasts a looooong time.
5) Finally…makeup. You want the mineral kind during the hot summer months. Aside from the great coverage and the range of colors it comes in, mineral makeup is water proof. Sweat will not smear or smudge it, and it will not be absorbed by sweat. Our fave, LD Mineral Makeup foundation powder, is our recommendation. It has a sheer and semi-matte finish, nothing cake-y Plus this foundation has it all – sunscreen, concealer-like qualities and ingredients that promote healthier skin! It truly is the way to go.
So start with these tips and make the heat of the summer work in your favor! And yes, it’s okay to treat yourself to something relaxing and luxurious once in a while. You work hard, you play hard, and a spa treatment is so worth it.
Stay tuned for more tips and beauty news right here, folks. In the meantime, share us yours and…keep smiling!
We recommend taking Herbaretic Plus to eliminate excess fluid from the body.. Herbaretic Plus is a natural diuretic formula, Herbaretic is a safe, natural blend of herbs and Vitamin B-6 with to help the body eliminate excess fluid, while maintaining mineral levels. Cleans and tones kidneys and bladder and helps weight loss, water retention, swelling, hands, feet, body, torso. Some clients have reported losing 3 to 10 pounds of excess fluid after taking Herbaretic Plus! Cost $36
What causes chest wrinkles and skin discoloration
- Are you a side sleeper? Side sleeping causes deep vertical creases on the chest since the skin folds in that position.
- Sun exposure causes wrinkles and skin discoloration on the chest
- Tanning Beds
How to prevent chest wrinkles and skin discoloration
- Sleep on your back
- Always apply SPF 30 or higher on your chest
- Avoid using tanning beds
How to get rid of chest wrinkles and skin discoloration
Patients NEW to JUVEDERM XC (who have never received JUVEDERM XC), save $75 instantly on treatment received between March 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014. You must be a Brilliant Distinctions member to redeem this offer. Not a Brilliant Distinction Member yet, come in today and sign up to become a member its absolutely FREE!
Please call us at 602-952-8446 to Schedule Your Treatment Today!
REWARD YOURSELF. YOU’VE EARNED IT.
Sign up for the Brilliant Distinctions® Program. It allows you to earn points each time you:
*Receive BOTOX® and/or JUVÉDERM® XC treatments
*Purchase LATISSÉ® or VIVITÉ® Skin Care products
These points are redeemable for dollars off future treatments, as well as select ALLERGAN® products and ongoing opportunities and rewards!
STEP ONE: come in today and sign up to become a member its absolutely FREE!
STEP TWO: Contact our spa at 602-952-8446 to book your first appointment. We will then deposit your treatment/purchase points into your account.
STEP THREE: For future treatments, be sure to print your BD Points Coupons prior to arriving to your appointment. Savings will be applied to your treatment at time of service. Some restrictions may apply.
Suddenly Slimmer Day and Med Spa
Receive exclusive specials follow us on
3313 E. Indian School Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85018